The Cambridge alumni resident in New South Wales represent a marvellously interesting and varied cross section of academic disciplines, careers, interests and student generations.
The Cambridge Society of NSW is open to all alumni in New South Wales who have matriculated as members of the University, honorary fellows and holders of honorary degrees. Anyone who has held a temporary or visiting fellowship for at least one term is also eligible.
Members of the Society take the opportunity to enjoy the company and good fellowship of those who have shared the experience of studying and living within the University of Cambridge. The Social Calendar is organised to provide a range of events and activities to suit the tastes and enjoyment of the full range of membership.
In addition, the Society provides alumni with news of developments in Cambridge, information about the University's achievements and about the wide range of contributions it is making to the national and international community.
Some examples of activities organised recently include:
- Winter Feasts: in 2012 the speaker was Dan Vickerman who captained Cambridge to victory in the 2009 Varsity Match; in 2011, The British High Commissioner to Australia, Paul Madden was guest speaker; in 2010, Author Professor Barry Maitland spoke on "The Great Crimes of Cambridge"; in 2009 Paul Brunton, Senior Curator, Mitchell Library, spoke on "Darwin in Australia and Cambridge"; in 2008 Susannah Fullerton spoke on "The Great Writers of Cambridge".
- Cocktail Party and Boat Race video viewing at the Union Club following a brief Annual General Meeting
- Lunch with the CEO of Lion Nathan National Foods, Rob Murray. a graduate of Trinity
- 4 Way Debate with Oxford, Harvard & Yale. "The Older The University, The More Eloquent The Speech."
The Society’s affairs are overseen by an elected Committee, supported by an Administrator, Suzie Ruse.
If, over the years we have lost contact with you, please give serious consideration to re-joining and having a great time with Cambridge Colleagues.
Nominations needed for speakers
We are currently seeking nominations for lunch or dinner speakers later this year and next year.
If you have any good suggestions for interesting speakers with a connection to Cambridge - or if you would like to nominate yourself - please contact
Chris Golis (email@example.com) or Suzie Ruse (firstname.lastname@example.org).
We would also be interested to hear of any other suggestions you have for events to be hosted by the Cambridge Society in New South Wales.
Would you like to join the Society?
A subscription to the Cambridge Society of NSW costs A$40 for 1 year. You have the following options to join;
- Use our automatic booking facility.
- Download the Application form and email or post it to Suzie Ruse (email@example.com), or at the address shown on the form.
For membership enquiries, phone Suzie on +61 2 9386 4889.
Office bearers & committee members
Committee members and office bearers, as elected at the Annual General Meeting May 2012, are as follows.
President: Christopher Golis
Administrator: Suzie Ruse
Vice President: Chris Dawson
Secretary: Jonathan Negus
Treasurer: Alistair Newmarch
Other committee members are Emma Brown, Rhiannon Chisholm, Rhys Goodey, Carole Jackson, Atat Li-Kim-Mui, Liza Rybak, and Chandra Senaratne.
Contacting the Cambridge Society of New South Wales
Post: 56 Edgecliff Road, Woollahra NSW 2025
Tel: +(612) 9386 4889 Mobile 0424 243 369